Our facilities

The charity was founded in 1956 by the Late Dorothea Farndon who was affectionately known as the ‘Florence Nightingale of Animals’.

We have purpose built, quality animal accommodation set within 4 ½ acres of ground, including canine play areas, agility course, sensory garden, Education Centre and luxury cattery with secure outdoor play areas. We also have an onsite Charity Shop.

Our animal care team are fully qualified, experienced and dedicated to excellent quality of care.

LAA Team Photo